Thursday, January 17, 2008

A great 2008 !!!

Welcome back everyone. Let me first wish everybody a Happy New Year and let it be a successful one for all of us.
Secondly I want to congratulate Mike Lee and Anthony Tabbitas for their result in the last MICA Tournament celebrated at Rockway Middle School. Mike Lee ended with 3.o points while Anthony ended with 1.5, both after 5 rounds. Good job !!!
And what comes next?, the South Regional Chess Tournament on January 26; with hundreds and hundreds of students every year, the South Regional is by far the most important Tournament of the year. Everyone wants to participate and the "McMillan Chess Team" is one of them.
Mike Lee, Anthony Tabbitas, Nathan Larrea, Anthony Ros and Jorge Hernandez are ready for the action on January 26 while a few more players are still thinking about participating. Aaron Guanch, Jonas Navarro and Nicholas Sanchez are possible candidates, so hopefully these 8 members of the team will be facing students from all over the District showing and implementing all they have learnt so far of this fabulous game, sport and art; that we call "chess".
What are my predictions for the South Regional?. If only 5 students participate, I will predict to get from 12 to 15 points as a Team; and if all 8 players participate I will predict around 20 points. I will keep you posted on that.

5 comments:

Mike Cliffs said...

Yeah I'm going alright!
so far I have been in two tournaments already Rockway and Dorla middle school and now my third is the Regional high, I am going definatly and the last thing I have to say is Regional here I come and it's TIME!

Anonymous said...

That was interesting

Anonymous said...

That was interesting

Anonymous said...

wats up guys its me anthony ya you know who i am anyways see you later

Anonymous said...

the last comment was by anthony tabbitas